In my class – MIS 4153: Web Application Development for Business, students complete a detailed digital media analysis project. Over the past 4 years, I have developed this project to provide a great experience for students and businesses alike. The results? One student has offered a job based solely on the report. Another student was invited to present his results to key stakeholders. Organizations loved it. Students loved it. All-in-all, I’m really excited to see it do so well.
Is your business interested in receiving a free analysis of your digital media – website, email newsletter, social media, etc. – with recommendations for improvement? Fill out the survey on this page to be considered.
What you can expect:
- Work with talented students in ECU’s College of Business – MIS program.
- Receipt of a detailed report analyzing your website, social media, and mobile initiatives with recommendations for improvement.
- Confidentiality of all shared information.
To take part in this project, there are a few things you must be willing to do.
- Make yourself or your staff available for 15-30 minute meetings with students once a week for 6 weeks.
- Provide access to or copies of web site traffic data.
- Be willing to share other key reports, including but not limited to website expenses, social media metrics, website revenue, etc. Nothing is required, but the more you are willing to share – the better the analysis.
- Timely responses to further inquiries (these will be kept to a minimum).
I bring over 20 years of experience as a web developer, e-commerce researcher, online business owner, and web development instructor to the design of this project. My goal – to maximize student thinking and understanding of the business value of web technologies while simultaneously providing immense value to our local community.